Master AngularJS Faster
Google’s AngularJS is an extremely productive framework for complex “Single Page Apps”. AngularJS can be tough to learn, and you need to learn it well to obtain all its benefits. We can’t make it easy, but we can teach you.
AngularJS Training, Our Office or Your Site
At the end of this class, each student should be able to use AngularJS to make a (simple) end-to-end, working application.
For the 3-day course, the cost per student is $1500.
Why Oasis Digital’s Angular Boot Camp?
At Oasis Digital we have a team of developers using AngularJS every day on client projects. All of these developers, as well as numerous summer interns, have been through the process of learning AngularJS here; so we are very familiar with the challenges developers face.
Most of our work at Oasis Digital is the construction of complex business application, so our Angular Boot Camp is oriented toward complex business applications, not “Hello World”. This course is an excellent starting point for corporate teams as well as individual developers.
Course Outline and Topics
The course covers a wide variety of AngularJS features. First you will learn all the AngularJS basics, then you will build an AngularJS application. The course is organized approximately as follows.
Days 1-2: AngularJS Step by Step
- Introduction to Single-Page-Apps, and how they contrast with traditional server centric web apps
- Where is AngularJS a good fit? Where is it not a good fit?
- Bindings: declarative connections between data and on-screen elements
- Scopes, including Root Scope and Isolated Scopes
- Scope should hold the model, not be the model
- Using and writing filters
- Forms and validation
- Organizing your code with modules; how AngularJS modules compare with other module systems
- Dependency injection
- Services and Factories
- Directives: extending HTML to create abstractions for your application
- Events and event propagation
- Unit Testing with Jasmine and Karma
- End to end testing with Protractor
- Promises, and their pervasive use
- Batarang Debug Tool
- Alternate HTML syntax (Jade)
- Misc. AngularJS Topics
Days 2-3: Building an Application
- Interacting with a backend / server with $http and Restangular
- Students will build a small, real application in class
We believe this curriculum covers the basics well, and positions students to use AngularJS effectively and efficiently.
Prerequisites and Equipment
- Laptop (PC, Linux, or Mac).
- Chrome (web browser). AngularJS works well with all major browser, but we use the Chrome debugging tools and a Chrome add-in for AngularJS in the course.
The lead instructor: Kyle Cordes, who has worked on web applications since the late 1990s. Kyle has led numerous projects with a wide variety of web application development tools and libraries.
Depending on the schedule and location, other Oasis Digital team members (who use AngularJS every day) will teach some topics.